There are several things to look for when you’re looking for a transcription service provider. Below you will find a list of a few important things. Everything from the quality of work to the price needs to be evaluated when considering hiring a person or company to perform transcription services.
1. Turnaround Time
- A professional service provider hires enough staff to accommodate for varied volumes of work.
- Most companies offer a 48-hour turnaround time.
- Look for a company that ensures accuracy and confidentiality of all documents.
- Check for confidentiality agreements and/or non-disclosure agreements.
- Ask if all employee’s computers are protected by up-to-date firewall and anti-virus programs.
- Shop around to make sure that you are getting a competitive rate while still ensuring accuracy.
- There are different ways that transcriptionists charge for their work – per character, per line, per audio minute or per audio hour, although the most common is either per audio minute or per audio hour for general transcription.
- $1 per audio minute is the standard rate for English audio transcription, although extras such as time-stamping or rush jobs may incur a higher rate.
- This is one of the most important things to consider when choosing a service provider.
- Ask any providers you are considering how they handle their quality assurance process.
- For English language transcription, you will want a U.S. based transcriber.
- A native speaker delivers the highest quality service with higher accuracy, as they understand the syntax much better than a non-native speaker.
- Any reputable transcription service will offer a guarantee on their service.
- There are several types of guarantees, from money to time to accuracy. Find out what the transcription provider is offering as their guarantee.
- Don’t be afraid to claim the guarantee if the work isn’t up to your standards.